Today I woke up at 9:30 and ran out the door to get to church.Google maps informed me it was only a 28 minute walk to my nearest ward building. It's the first time GM has let me down--and the last.
I walked about double the distance I was instructed, and still--no church.
I then walked the other direction thinking I may have missed something and ended up in downtown Kingston...
Not wanting to attend Korean Presbyterian, I dragged myself home and listened to an old General Conference address on my phone.

Now, after my 6 mile walk, I'm in bed napping, nursing my sore legs and eating everything in sight--cause Sundays make me hungry.
Yesterday was actually pretty fun though, and quite pretty.
I discovered that I was not only able, but quite good at learning the trains here. (Not the tube--that's still crazy confusing.)
I rode the rails to London Bridge and visited the Tower of London.
We had a real-life Yeoman guide us through the towers while telling the most gruesome stories he could think of about the prisoner
s and executions and murders that went on there. Sounds morbid--but it made for an entertaining tour!Fun Fact: Ann Boleyn was so terrified of the block and ax, that she
requested the French style of decapitation by a double-edged sword. They brought in an especially skilled swordsman from France, and he was so swift with the job that when he held her head up to the crowd, they all gasped because her eyes were still open, looking around, and mouthing her prayers...true story.Toured White Tower with all the old weapons, armor, torture devices, etc...and then headed to see the crown jewels--couldn't help but miss the kids.
For some reason, I think they would've liked today.
Walked around some more, took lots of pictures of Tower Bridge--not London Bridge.

Learned how
to use the reverse camera function so I'm in some pictures...but it's too embarrassing to smile at your own picture...so most of them came out really awkward.Stopped by to this street market, took a picture of a public toilet, and headed back to the trains.
Met a guy from South Africa named Sambo on the train and we discussed current events--the ones I know nothing about...
Stopped in Kingston where I saw my first movie in the UK, and took a cab home because it was dark when I got out.
Cabs here are awesome!
I almost feel I am there. I will be soon enough!!!
ReplyDelete