later than planned and had to rush to the bus stop with nothing but a quick brush of the teeth. Arrived in downtown Kingston for an orientation day. Took a walking tour with about 25 other students and chatted the whole time since we couldn't hear a word our guide was saying. Met three cute girls, and remember one's name: Mimi. She's from Sweden, but has a funny Aussie accent. The other girls were French and were mostly nice, except once when one referred to Americans as "lazy b^$#^@d$," because we don't have to learn English. (Was that enough editing?)
I immediately jumped to America's defense, catching myself before I went all Toby Keith on her...she was lucky.
She apologized and resolved the situation by stating that it wasn't me...just the others...
She's young and French.
It was nice to have some semblance of friends though as we went along ate lunch, went to the info fair, and registered.
After all the events, I walked through Kingston looking for a place to buy a blanket and a bathmat.
It was dark and rainy and cold when I came upon downtown Kingston's "TK" Maxx.
It was no coincidence that the clouds parted and the sun began to shine.
Just think 'Kate when she found Diet Dr. Pepper in her study abroad...'
Began to shop and discovered that America is getting screwed on their TJ inventory
.Walked home, hauling many bags, not because I wanted to, but because I got lost again and didn't know how to make it back to the Clayhill bus stop.
It helped that it was a pretty walk along Thames.
No comments:
Post a Comment