Last night I slept on my desk.About a week ago I noticed some odd bites on my wrist. Then through the week I noticed more--usually arranged in groups of three. This was weird, so I did some research, tore my bed apart and discovered that my dorm room has been housing bed bugs. Not alot--and my bites look nothing like on the internet thank goodness.
And before you start with the taunting--I'm not gross! My dorm room--apart from the mud stains and the meth cooked into the walls--is impeccably clean.

Apparently, bed bugs aren't as much as a shocker to the staff at Clayhill Halls of Residence as they were to me.
Early the next day, I talked to the receptionist. She was very nice, very understanding. She told me they've had them before. (Little fact they left off their welcome page.)
I had a brief thought that maybe this was actually a blessing in disguise--a way out of my nasty, mud-riddled room.
Then she told me that she would call their bug guy and have him come out and spray but whatever she did, she was absolutely not to move me--didn't want to risk the chance of spreading the infestation.
I stayed away as long as I could that day, but eventually returned--a politely accused carrier of vermin, now more trapped inside this matchbox mud hole than ever.

I noticed right away that the bug guy had not visited during the day. (Heaven forbid they make a same-day call.)
There was absolutely no way I was sleeping on that bed so I opted for the desk.
Had a bag night.
Woke up to the exterminators knocking on my door this morning.
They did their thing, I let everything dry. Washed my clothes, bedding, slippers, for the 2nd time this week.

Back in bed. Can't shake the creepy crawly feeling, but hopefully sleeping tight. Wish me luck.
Oh--also visited the Victoria & Albert Museum on Monday on a trip where I learned to ride the tube. Here's a picture of me having a great time looking at lace. Actually, it was pretty awesome. I'll write more later. Kate, thanks for the Indian food suggestion. Best I've ever had--worth the double blisters.
(Now Britt, put up some more cute pictures of Betsy so this isn't the first thing that pops up on the blog, ok?)
No comments:
Post a Comment